In appreciation for their staff, donors, volunteers and guests, the Toledo Museum of Art installed a floor to ceiling (salon style) portrait gallery. What a tribute!
From their website:
“Museum People: Faces of TMA is a collective portrait of nearly 700 individuals—visitors, supporters, volunteers and staff—who are not just the faces but also the heart of the Museum. The images were shot over a period of weeks in the spring by local award-winning photographer Jim Rohman and his assistant Giles Cooper for possible inclusion in the exhibition.
“We wanted to highlight the incredible community of people who support the Museum—people from our local area and from around the world,” said Amy Gilman, associate director and curator of contemporary art.”
The Toledo Museum of Art is an internationally known art museum located in the Old West End neighborhood of Toledo, Ohio, United States. The museum was founded by Toledo glassmaker Edward Drummond Libbey in 1901, and moved to its current location, a Greek revival building designed by Edward B. Green and Harry W. Wachter on January 17, 1912. The building was expanded twice in the 1920s and 1930s. Brian Kennedy serves as the museum’s director.
The museum contains major collections of glass art of the 19th and 20th century European and American art, as well as small but distinguished Renaissance, Greek and Roman, and Japanese collections. Notable individual works include Peter Paul Rubens‘s The Crowning of Saint Catherine, significant minor works by Rembrandt and El Greco, and modern works by Willem de Kooning, Henry Moore, and Sol LeWitt, as well as Fragonard’s Blind man’s bluff.